Health and Wellbeing
Change 4 Life
- Advice, ideas and support:
Advice and help to quit smoking
- The local healthy lifestyles service can be contacted on 0800 122 3788.
Healthy Lifestyles team
- If you live in Gloucestershire, the Healthy Lifestyles team is on hand to help and support you. Visit www.hlsglos.org or call 0800 122 3788
- Local help and support:
0800 073 2200
We want to be recognised as a health-promoting Trust – making an active contribution to promoting and improving the wider health and well-being of those we come into contact with.
We have identified three broad ambitions, reflecting the three groups of people with which we come into contact – patients, staff, visitors and the wider community.
- Every patient contact will count for promoting health and well-being
- Every employee will be supported to improve their health and well-being
- The wider community will also benefit through our involvement in the broader countywide health and well-being agenda
People in hospital may be more receptive to messages about promoting health and to information from healthcare professionals. The NHS, our Trust, and our staff – we all have a responsibility to lead by example.
We have just produced our second Health & Wellbeing strategy, which has been developed by our Trust’s Health and Wellbeing Group and which provides a focus for this area of our activities.
We also have a Staff Health & Wellbeing strategy that has been produced in conjunction with our staff side representatives and another which is focused on our Patients.
You can also read some case studies from our patients