Better for Staff
We recognise that a healthy, engaged workforce also brings positive benefits for patients. We work to provide support and opportunities for staff to maintain their health in a range of ways, including:
- access to subsidised swimming and discounted gym membership
- smoking cessation support
- occupational health - through Working Well (see below)
- staff support
- childcare facilities and family friendly working
- cycle to work schemes
- staff sun awareness sessions
- self-referral to physiotherapy
Read our Health & Wellbeing Strategy for Staff
Better for you campaign
We have developed an umbrella campaign for staff health and wellbeing, with the strapline “Go on, it’s Better for You” – used in printed and electronic media this is designed to promote activities more effectively and to link staff wellbeing more explicitly to our Trust values. Examples of current activities, include:
- Family friendly policies and flexible working opportunities, recognising the need for work-life balance
- Childcare facilities, vouchers and access to holiday clubs
- Annual staff health days linked to the “Workout@work” initiative
- Active support for staff for smoking cessation
- A group, focussing on stress and mental wellbeing at work - which maintains the overview of a range of activities including risk assessment tools, awareness training.
- An occupational health service and staff support
- Annual sun-awareness sessions for staff
- A benefits survey to listen to what staff would like to improve their health and well-being
- Developing a sense of community – establishing a community choir, baking and non-sporting clubs
- Sports challenges and family fun days
- Improving access to meals and healthier options for staff who work outside daytime working hours.
- Staff awards and recognition
- Access to benefits advice and pre-retirement courses
- Cycle purchase schemes, bike shelters and showers
- Annual flu jabs for staff
Working Well - Occupational Health services for Trust staff
Working Well is part of 2gether NHS Foundation Trust and helps Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust promote and protect the health and wellbeing of their workforce, offering independent advice to both managers and employees on health, the working environment, health risks associated with the workplace and any occupational implications. As an NHS occupational health provider Working Well are concerned about the effects of work on employees’ health, and the effects of health on the Trust. Working Well's approach is founded on a growing evidence base that working is good for our health. They aim to support employees to sustain a happy, healthy and productive workforce.
Please click on www.workingwell2gether.nhs.uk/ to visit the Working Well website for further information about services, accessibility and current locations. If you are a member of staff and would like to contact Working Well, please call 0300 422 5165 or email email@example.com.