Cheltenham Borough Council
Click on the following link to see Cheltenham Borough Councils webpage for health promotion:
www.cheltenham.gov.uk – ‘Healthy Living’ section
The web site includes information on the following schemes:
- Active lifestyles
Exercise classes and groups including:
- A chair based class designed to improve strength and balance and confidence. Especially beneficial to those who experience bone health conditions such as osteoporosis and arthritis or joint/mobility issues.
- Low impact exercise classes for over 50's which helps to mobilise joints and muscles as well as improve strength, balance and co-ordination.
- Water-based aerobics for men and women over the age of 50
- Women's only swimming
- Netball Fun League
Everyone at Netball Fun League (NFL) is passionate about netball and we offer well organised fun leagues where players of all standards can play in a friendly environment.
- Running safely all year round
Running advice and running groups
- Women's running groups
Women’s only running groups based on the principles of the Women's Running Network (WRN), a women’s only running group which supports women to improve their health and fitness through running.
- Walk Well - health walks programme
Walk Well Cheltenham is our health walks programme which aims to encourage people to be more active through walking and has been developed with the Walking the Way to Health initiative which is supported by the British Heart Foundation and Natural England. The programme is available to anyone in the borough
- Cheltenham's health and wellbeing booklet
This booklet is designed to encompass all of the current healthy lifestyle projects that are happening around the borough. This includes information on the exercise referral scheme, health walks, running groups and top tips for a healthy lifestyle.
- Re-Active physical activity referral scheme
Re-Active is Cheltenham Borough Council and NHS Gloucestershire's physical activity referral scheme. The 12 week programme of physical activity is available by referral by a health professional, such as a GP or practice nurse. Activities available through the scheme include leisure@cheltenham facilities:
- swimming pool
- exercise classes
- dry-side activities such as badminton and squash
- Top tips for a healthy lifestyle