Important Traffic and Access Information - Sunday 27th September 2015
Cheltenham’s Half Marathon will be taking place on Sunday 27th September 2015.
The event is now in its 3rd year and expects to attract around 5,000 runners, many of whom are fundraising for local and national charities. Using the town’s streets for the race will cause some temporary changes to usual traffic routes, for a limited period. In planning the event, organisers are making every effort to minimise the disruption caused with the closing of roads. Where closures occur, well-signed diversions will be in place to ensure continued access around the town for motorists and public transport.
Roads to be closed, or partially closed, on Sunday 27th September 2015 are as follows:
- A435 Evesham Road between Albemarle Gate and Clarence Road.
- Central Cross Drive between West Drive & Pittville Lawn.
- West Drive
- Pittville Lawn between Wellington Road & Albert Road.
- Albemarle Gate
- Folly Lane/Tommy Taylor's Lane
- St. Paul’s Road
- Clarence Square
- Clarence Road
- Winchcombe Street
- A46 Albion Street between Pittville Street & Winchcombe Street
- Pittville Street
- High Street between Promenade & Rodney Road
- Promenade (A4105)
- Rodney Road
- A46 Imperial Square
- A4105 Montpellier Walk
- A40 Lansdown Road between Montpellier Walk & Shelburne Road
- Shelburne Road
- Hatherley Road between Shelburne Road & Lansdown Road
- Westal Green & the A40 Andover Road leading into and including A40 Suffolk Road
- A40 Thirlestaine Road
- College Lawn
- Sandford Road closed westbound between College Lawn and Bath Road (one lane of traffic will be left open eastbound, to allow access to/from the Hospital’s main entrance, using College Road)
- A46 Bath Road between A40 Thirlestaine Road and Montpellier Terrace
- Montpellier Terrace
- Prestbury Road (B4632)
- Tatchley Lane, New Barn Lane (B4075) from Albert Road to The Burgage
- New Barn Lane between Albert Road & Lexington Square/Cheltenham Racecourse
- Albert Road between New Barn Lane and Pittville Lawn
- East Approach Drive
- West Approach Drive
Road closures will be in operation from 6.00am in most areas, although where possible before 8.00am organisers will try and facilitate residents who do need to drive vehicles out of affected areas.
The race starts at 9.00am and from 9.45am onwards roads will be re-opened as soon as runners have completed each section of the route and when it is safe and feasible to do so. All roads will be re-opened fully by 2.00pm.
Parking restrictions and/or full suspensions will also be in place on a number of the above roads, from 6.00am on Sunday 27th September. Full information on these will be distributed to the affected roads nearer the event date.
Please allow extra time for your journey to work. If you require any further information, or a detailed list of the diversions that will be in place, organisers can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0845 308 4001.