Who Qualifies for Exemption/Permit?
Patient and visitor charges, exemptions and reductions
Some categories of patient qualify for exemptions and reductions in parking charges.
Senior ward staff should offer these to the categories of patients listed below or if approached by a patient or visitor enquiring about parking charges.
If a patient falls into one of the categories the senior sister will complete an Carer's passport and sign it. The relative will then take the form/ Carer's Passport the Parking Shop to process the exemption.
Exemption from parking charges apply in individual cases where:
- Parents are staying overnight with children in the Children's Wards
- Outpatients are having dialysis, radio- or chemotherapy
- Holders of an official Carer's Passport
Weekly or Fortnightly Parking Permits apply in individual cases where:
- The patient has been an inpatient for 14 days or more
- An inpatient of Critical Care Services has been receiving critical care interventions for more than 3 days and continues to so
- After 3 days if the patient is diagnosed as terminally ill
- The patient has been an inpatient in Neonatal/Special Care for more than 3 days
- Outpatients with multiple appointments in one week
This will be at a cost of £14 for the weekly and £28 for the fortnightly permit which is non-refundable.
Click here for Guidelines on exemptions and reductions
I am disabled – do I have to pay for parking?
Disabled users may park free in accessible spaces across the two hospital sites. Please be advised this only applies to marked accessible spaces and if you are unable to find a vacant acecssible space, you must pay for your parking at patient and visitor rates advertised.
The Hospital sites have a large number of accessible spaces available throughout the patient and visitor car parks, but as you are aware from your blue badge handbook, the rules governing private land enable charges to be levied to all users parked on private land. Please note that failure to observe this ruling will result in a Parking Charge Notice being issued to your vehicle.
Take a look at Indigo's parking Terms & Conditions and FAQs