Please note: This is for information only.
Refer to local guidelines for treatment recommendations
- An aminoglycoside antibiotic
- Can be given IV or IM. No oral preparation available.
- Once daily dosing recommended (see local policy)
- Divided dose regimen (adult) usually 15mg/kg in two divided doses (max. 750mg bd)
- Renally excreted therefore adjust dose in renal impairment
- Adjust dose in obese patients.
- Monitor blood levels closely and adjust dose accordingly.
- Patient needs to be hydrated well during therapy.
- Microbiology advice
- Resistant pseudomonas infections
Active against most strains of:
- Staphylococcus aureus (including MRSA)
- Escherichia coli
Not active against most strains of: