Please note: This is for information only.
Refer to local guidelines for treatment recommendations
- Gram-negative bacillus.
- One of the coliform group.
- May become antibiotic resistant, particularly to cephalosporins
- Cross infection with antibiotic resistant strains may be a problem.
Main clinical infections:
- Hospital acquired pneumonia
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Urinary tract infections (in hospitals)
Usually sensitive to:
- Imipenem / meropenem
Usually resistant to:
- Piptazobactam (Tazocin)