Please note: This is for information only.
Refer to local guidelines for treatment recommendations.
- Antituberculosis agent, used in combination with other antituberculosis agents (exception prophylaxis)
- Good oral bioavailability
- Excellent tissue (including brain) and CSF penetration
- Adjust dose in severe renal impairment
- Usual combination dose is 2 tablets of Rifinah – 300 once a day (if wt>50kg). (This is a combination agent with rifampicin)
- Check liver function tests prior to starting therapy. Caution in patients with pre-existing liver disease.
- Mycobacterial disease as part of combination therapy
Active against most strains of:
- Varying activity against atypical mycobacteria
Not active against most strains of:
- Non-mycobacterial bacteria