Please note: This is for information only.
Refer to local guidelines for treatment recommendations
- An aminoglycoside antibiotic, similar to gentamicin.
- Can be nebulised or injected.
- Intravenous use: 2 dosing options:
- Monitor levels - See TDM guide for recommendations
- As with all aminoglycosides, potentially nephrotoxic and ototoxic.
Active against most strains of:
- Staphylococcus aureus – including MRSA
- Escherichia coli
- Klebsiella and other coliforms
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Not active against most strains of:
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Haemophilus influenzae