Primary medical qualifications
MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCPath
Areas of expertise
Dr Chown is the lead for transfusion services and is based at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
Conditions treated include:
- Acute and chronic leukaemias
- Low grade and high grade lymphomas
- Auto-immune conditions (ITP, auto-immune haemolytic anaemia)
- Myelodysplastic diseases
- Myeloproliferative diseases
- Bone marrow failure syndromes
- Bloody clotting disorders (bleeding and thrombosis)
Procedures performed include:
- Bone marrow aspirate and trephines
- Blood transfusions
- Platelet transfusions
- Oral and intravenous chemotherapy
- Autologous bone marrow / stem cell transplants
- Anti-coagulant therapy
All haematology patients requiring an overnight stay in hospital will be admitted to Cheltenham General Hospital or Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, depending on the reason for admittance.
Date of registration
Qualified in London, in 1998
Outpatient clinics are held at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.