Primary medical qualifications
BSc hons (anatomy), MB BS, FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Areas of expertise
Mr Gleeson underwent his basic surgical training in the London and Bristol. He then carried out his higher surgical training programme in Bristol with two years in Gloucestershire. Prior to his Consultant appointment, he spent a year in Sydney at the internationally renowned ‘Australian Institute of Musculoskeletal Research’. He received advanced training in Soft Tissue Knee Surgery working with Mr Leo Pinczewski.
Mr Gleeson's principle interest is in surgery of the knee and together with his colleagues, his aim is to provide a high quality service for the local population.
Conditions treated include:
• Acute Knee ligament injuries (Adults and Children)
• Meniscal tears
• Patellofemoral instability
• Anterior knee pain
• Articular cartilage defects in the knee
• Young adult OA of the knee
• Unicompartmental arthritis of the knee including patellofemoral OA
• Knee Arthritis (standard & complex)
• Hip arthritis (standard)
• Painful or Failed Knee Replacement
• General Orthopaedic Trauma
Procedures performed include:
• Arthroscopic Knee ligament reconstruction (ACL / PCL / MCL / Posterolateral corner)
• Meniscal surgery (repair / removal)
• Arthroscopic / Open Patellofemoral stabilisation procedures
• Patellar tendon decompression
• High Tibial Osteotomy / Distal Femoral Osteotomy
• Unicompartmental Knee replacement (Mobile & Fixed bearing, Medial & Lateral)
• Patellofemoral Joint replacement
• Primary Total Knee replacement
• Revision Total Knee replacement
• Primary Total Hip replacement
• Fracture Fixation
Mr Gleeson and his team operate at Gloucestershire Royal Hosptial.
Date of registration
Qualified University College and Middlesex School of Medicine, 1994
Clinics are held at Gloucestershire Royal, Dilke Memorial, Lydney and Stroud General.