Primary medical qualifications
MB ChB MRCS (Eng) FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Areas of expertise
Mr Mutimer is an orthopaedic surgeon with a specialist interest in hip and knee arthroplasty.
Having qualified in Bristol in 1997, he worked in Manly, Australia, and spent time teaching anatomy to medical students at Oxford. He started his surgical training in Bath and completed his specialist orthopaedic training in Bristol and the South West.
He spent a year in Wellington, New Zealand, and undertook a hip and knee arthroplasty fellowship working with Prof Geoff Horne and Peter Devane. As well as performing complex hip and knee replacements (primary and revision) Mr Mutimer had the opportunity to research methods to improve the longevity of hip replacements by monitoring wear after implantation.
Conditions treated include:
• Hip and knee arthritis
• Soft tissue knee injuries
• Anterior knee pain
• Sports injuries
• Hallux valgus, lesser toe deformities
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Trigger finger
• Ulna nerve entrapment
• Tennis elbow
Procedures performed include:
• Total Hip replacement, resurfacing and revision
• Total Knee replacement and revision
• Unicompartmental Knee Replacement
• Arthroscopic Surgery (menisectomy, microfracture)
• Forefoot surgery (bunions, fusions)
• Tennis elbow release
• Ulna nerve decompression
• Hand surgery (carpal tunnel decompression, trigger finger release)
Mr Mutimer and his team operate at Cheltenham General Hospital and the Orthopaedic Admissions Suite.