Early Discharge Programme
The Early Discharge Programme is suitable for any in-patient who is currently receiving team input who would benefit from high intensity, continued therapy within their home environment.
A Patient who is currently receiving therapy at an out of county unit, whose therapy goals would be better met within their home environment.
Patients will need to be reviewed by the team to ensure that their condition falls within the remit of the team and that they would benefit from a community based rehabilitation service.
Patient Inclusion Criteria
- Medically stable and tracheostomy out (unless permanent stoma)
- Out of Post Traumatic Amnesia
- No risk to self or others. At low level on head injury risk assessment or manageable at a higher level, or unlikely to change with further inpatient stay
- To be able to transfer with assistance of one
- Appropriate feeding regime in situ
- Appropriate support available at setting discharged to, e.g. family, care package
- Requires specialist brain injury therapy input
- Patients with pre-existing conditions which would prevent them from engaging in the intensity of specialist rehabilitation provided by this service or whose needs are already being met by appropriate services.