Non-Ionising radiation physics deals with all aspects of artificial optical radiation. This includes ultra violet (UV), lasers, blue light and other intense light sources. The section also provides support for the use of radiofrequency and infra-red sources.
Services provided by the section include:
- Support to clinical users
- Advice on the purchase of new equipment
- Equipment calibration for UV and laser sources
- Safety advice for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machines in conjunction with Diagnostic Radiology
- Dose calculation for UV sources
- Training for Clinical Scientists
- Non-Ionising radiation protection advice and audit
Services are provided at the main sites of Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, as well as some smaller community hospitals in and around Gloucestershire. We also offer our services to other NHS Trusts and private customers.