The Gloucestershire Oncology Centre is located on the Cheltenham General Hospital site and provides comprehensive cancer services for a catchment population of just over 1 million people living in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, South Worcestershire and parts of Shropshire & Powys. Clinics are held also in Gloucester, Hereford, Worcester, Lydney, Cirencester, Tewkesbury, Stroud and Berkeley.
Oncology Centre, Cheltenham General Hospital
The purpose built centre provides excellent accommodation for all inpatient, daycase and outpatient non-surgical oncology treatments. The accommodation includes: -
- 2 oncology wards, Lilleybrook and Rendcombe (44 beds) and Knightsbridge Ward (for private patients).
- A patient hostel (4 beds),
- Selectron treatment rooms for the treatment of gynaecological cancers,
- Specialist palliative care services
- Chemotherapy suite
- Chemotherapy Helpline
- Radiotherapy department
- Nuclear medicine department
- Cancer information centre
- Clinical trials department
- Inpatient and outpatients services for the treatment of patients with haematological malignancies e.g. leukaemia (LINC), including facilities for autologous stem cell transplantation.
- A clinical cancer genetic service provides a weekly outpatient clinic alternating between Gloucester and Cheltenham.
- Teenagers and Young Adults with Cancer area
Oncology Department Entrance at Cheltenham General Hospital
Oncology Virtual Tour
Please click the image below to launch the Virtual tour of the Oncology