What is FOCUS?
FOCUS is the name for the cancer charitable funds at the Gloucestershire Oncology Centre. It is part of the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Charitable Fund.
What area do we cover?
People from Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, South Worcestershire and parts of Wales receive care here.
Why do we need extra funds?
Cancer care and treatment is constantly advancing, bringing with it demand for advanced technical equipment and improvements in patient care and support. The many fundraising activities undertaken by our supporters enable us to continue to offer the advanced technology and home comforts which are so important to anyone living with a diagnosis of cancer.
What the funds have been spent on so far?
Items purchased range in price from £50.00 to several thousands of pounds and detailed below are some of the purchases made:-
- Mobile chemotherapy bus pumps
- Special reclining chairs for chemotherapy treatment
- Personal DVD players and DVD’s for patients receiving chemotherapy.
- TENS machines and mobile syringe drivers for pain relief
- Daily newspapers for outpatients
- Lymphomdema Nurse Service
- Lina check machine for patient monitoring
- Cyropreservation equipment
- Renovation of Rendcombe Annexe for Clinical Trials Team
- Future renovations of Rendcomb Balcony
- Christmas cheer for patients on the oncology wards at Christmas
- Patients Personal Folders
- TV’s for Lilleybrook Ward
- Specialist cushions to stabilise patients when receiving radiotherapy
- Specialist training for clinical staff
- Furniture and equipment for the youth area in the waiting room
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy treatment unit
Making a Donation
To find out more information or to make a donation please contact the Fundraising Office or drop into the FOCUS Information Centre
Please make cheques payable to : FOCUS and postto the address detailed below.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Charitable Fund is a registered charity (Charity No. 1051606)
FOCUS Trust Fund Administrator Contact Details :
Email : email@example.com
Cheltenham General Hospitals Charity
If you are undertaking a fundraising event for FOCUS please let us know so this can be posted on our Twitter and Facebook page. You can also fundraise through Virgin Money Giving and Just Giving websites :
Cancer Information Centre
The Cancer Information Centre is largely funded by the charitable donations made to the fund. The centre is situated in the main chemotherapy waiting area and is an invaluable source of information on all topics relating to cancer. It is used by patients and those who care about them.
FOCUS says THANK YOU to the many dedicated and generous people from the three counties who have already raised monies for our specialist cancer care at the Oncology Centre.