Acute Care Response Team (ACRT)
The Acute Care Response Team (ACRT) is a Trust wide service combining the Critical Care Outreach, Hospital at Night Advanced Nurse Practitioner and Technician services. We are a nurse led team and have a wealth of Critical and Acute care knowledge, skills and experience. The team is supported by medical leads for both Critical Care and Acute Medicine respectively.
Aims of the service
- To provide support and advice to ward teams caring for acutely unwell ward patients.
- To respond to Early Warning Score triggers and carry out assessments on acutely unwell or deteriorating ward patients.
- To provide an evening and night time service to the wards; delivering advanced nursing skills and to support junior ward doctors at night.
- To optimize clinical treatment and management of patients within the ward environment.
- To prevent Critical Care admissions or to facilitate prompt admission to the department by early identification of patients who require a higher level of care.
- To share specialist Critical Care knowledge.
- To provide Technician support to qualified members of the out of hours team.
- To develop and support the implementation of Acute/ Critical Care policies and procedures.
- To provide a follow up service to patients who have been transferred from Critical Care back to the wards.
- To ensure audit and evaluation of the service is carried out.
Hours of Service
The Acute Care Response Team is currently available across both hospital sites:
- Monday to Friday 24 hours a day.
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays, night cover only.
The Technician Service is available across both hospital sites:
- 7 days a week – 6 pm to 2 am.