The Allergy Team offer a high quality service supporting children and young people with a range of allergic illnesses including:
- Food Allergy
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Allergic Asthma
Specific clinics with both the consultant and nurse specialist take place as well as nurse-led clinics.
Testing for suspected allergy can take place for allergens using either blood tests or skin prick testing.
Food Challenges take place on the Paediatric Day Unit if agreed by your consultant.
Who is in the team?
- Dr Marie Wheeler- Paediatric Consultant with an interest in Allergy
- Dr Leena Nathwani- Paediatric Consultant with an interest in Allergy
- Helen Smith- Paediatric Respiratory Nurse Specialist
- Alan Dyke- Senior Paediatric Respiratory Nurse
- Eileen Trier- Paediatric Dietician
How could or a child or young person be referred to the speciality team?
Children or young people are referred via their GP or following admission to children’s inpatients.
How are young people transitioned to adult services within your service?
The majority of young people are prepared for adulthood through clinic and discharged to care of their GP.