The Respiratory team offer a high quality service supporting children and young people with a range of respiratory illnesses including.
- oxygen dependency
- children requiring nebulisers, suction, or ventilator support in the community.
Specific clinics with both the consultant and nurse specialist take place as well as nurse-led clinics for mild to moderate asthma.
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital team:
- Dr Laura Hole- Consultant Paediatrician (with an interest in Respiratory)
- Dr Wasim Qayum – Consultant Paediatrician (with an interest in Respiratory)
- Helen Kennard- Paediatric Respiratory Nurse Specialist
- Michelle Herman- Paediatric Respiratory Nurse Specialist
- Alan Dyke- Senior Paediatric Respiratory Nurse Specialist
How could or a child or young person be referred to the team?
Children or young people are referred via their GP or following admission to children’s inpatients.
How are young people transitioned to adult services within your service?
We follow the Ready Steady Go programme and from the age of 12 we ensure the young person is prepared emotionally and educated for adult services.