Gloucestershire Specialist Palliative Care Service
Palliative care focuses on the relief of pain and other symptoms experienced in serious illness. The team provide advice with management of complex problems particularly when an existing plan does not seem to be working. We work alongside clinical teams aiming to improve quality of life by increasing comfort, promoting dignity and providing a support system to the person who is ill and those close to them.
The Specialist Palliative Care Service in Gloucestershire is a multi-disciplinary team providing input across the community and hospital Trusts.
What help is available?
- Medical and nursing advice for example, relief of pain and other symptoms
- Emotional and spiritual support
- "Care for Carers" www.carersgloucestershire.org.uk such as ongoing support for family or carers
- Provide information about the illness and possible treatments
- Advice and help with discharge from hospital where there is complexity/urgency at end of life
- Practical help with advice about useful equipment
- Financial advice about benefits and grants
- The team also provide a wide range of education and clinical supervision
Cheltenham General Hospital - Tel: 0300 422 3447
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital - Tel: 0300 422 5179
Community Team - Single Point of Access - Tel: 0300 422 5370
Referral Form - Community Team
IF IN DOUBT, CALL US!