Pharmacy Stores and Distribution
Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals both have their own stores and distribution departments.
The stores departments at both hospitals purchase and distribute all pharmaceutical products used in Cheltenham General, Gloucestershire Royal and Community Hospitals within Gloucestershire.
Some of their daily duties include:
- Ordering of all medicines
- Stock control
- Booking in medicines onto the pharmacy computer system
- Using electronic data interchange software to order from pharmaceutical wholesalers.
- Sourcing unlicensed medicines and chemicals from non-mainstream manufacturers and abroad
- Dealing with drug alerts to see if the Trust has received affected batches, recalling affected batches from the wards and processing the computer and paperwork for reimbursement from the suppliers.
- Investigating manufacturing problems and sourcing alternative stock.