Minute Taking Skills Course
The workshop will be beneficial to administrative staff in Bands 1-4 who organise meetings & take minutes or will be in the near future.
Overview of the course
The workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to arrange meetings, record minutes effectively, capture all relative and important information and produce a professional accurate record.
The workshop is one day and is facilitated by Gloucestershire College. It will be held in either one of the Education Centres in our Hospitals. Once you have completed the workshop you will receive a certificate.
- How to arrange a meeting – pre meeting preparation
- How to listen actively whilst taking notes during the meeting
- Effective note taking and summarisation
- How to structure a written meeting record which is concise, accurate and easy to read
- How to improve the clarity and impact of written English
- Using the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust format to record matters arising from the meetings
- Post meeting action
- The workshop will involve practical workshops and exercises to practice listening skills
- Assessment of learning
How much will it cost?
Lifelong Learning are funding this course, therefore there is no cost to you or your department.
How do I register my interest?
Either email Lifelong.LearningTeam@glos.nhs.uk or call GRH extension 5176 and we will take your details. A date is yet to be confirmed.