We have a well-established simulation training facility and experienced faculty within our Trust. We run in house ‘train the trainer’ courses for our staff which have proved to be very popular. We also work closely with local universities in Bristol and Gloucester to deliver simulation training and simulation based courses to both postgraduate staff and undergraduates.
We have a broad range of manikins and equipment including wireless; Adult, Child and Newborn manikins. We were the first institution in the country to have the latest midwifery manikin capable of delivering a baby, which is used regularly for training in obstetric emergencies. We also deliver regular simulation session to all groups of staff in the clinical environment allowing for a fully Multi-Disciplinary Team approach to training in the workplace.
If you require any further information regarding simulation training please email: Simulation.Training@glos.nhs.uk
Our Trust has a number of items that can be loaned for local teaching sessions either in wards/departments or the education centre. Equipment is available for teaching to undergraduate or postgraduate staff. Along with the equipment listed below we can also loan ‘scenario boxes’ which will include supporting items such as airway adjuncts – oxygen masks – giving sets and fluid bags etc.
*Please note equipment is free to use for in house training – for external sessions a fee or deposit may be requested*.
*Training can be offered on each manikin/piece of equipment on a one to one basis or as a package on our ‘train the trainers’ programme*
- 4 x Apple iPads – loaded with simulated monitor software ‘SimMon’ (note: one iPad can be used as stand alone monitor – however a second is needed to remotely control candidates monitor screen)
- 2 x Laerdal Shocklink. Simple – Shockable – portable rhythm generator that attaches to any Trust defibrillator. Can be controlled via remote or free App. Can generate: VF, VT, SVT, Sinus, PEA, Asystole, Bradycardia. Will also detect artefact and display on defibrillator screen
- HAL Adult manikin
- HAL Paediatric manikin (5 yo Child)
- HAL Newborn manikin
- HAL Victoria (Birthing Manikin)
All HAL simulators are complete with programmable; heart, lung, bowel sounds. They can be intubated, ventilated and some work with real equipment. Each manikin is controlled via a user friendly tablet computer and can be attached to either real monitoring or used with simulated monitors.
- ALS manikin with CPR feedback, simple manikin that comes in a suitcase – suitable for all ALS style scenarios with the added option of wireless control through ‘Simpad’ to have real time feedback on CPR effectiveness.
Bookable simulation suite
Within the dedicated simulation room we have all of the above but with the addition of ward/treatment room furniture, moveable screens and curtains to allow for multiple simultaneous scenarios and an integrated audio visual debriefing system.
Scenarios can be coordinated from behind the mirrored glass of the control room next to the simulation suite.
If you are interested in booking any of the equipment/rooms or would like assistance with organising simulation courses or sessions please email email@example.com