Your Health Records
Your health records contain information about your healthcare. They are made by doctors, nurses or other health professionals and can include:
- details about you, for example your date of birth, address, next of kin, gender, language, ethnicity, any disabilities you have
- hand-written clinical notes
- letters to and from other health professionals
- laboratory reports
- imaging scans such as X-rays - please note that the radiology CD's cannot be used on iMacs without the use of the OsiriX viewer.
- printouts from monitoring equipment
How do I request copies of my health records?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you.
Please note, the following charges apply:
Copy Health Records: these are charged at 30p per copied sheet up to 30 sheets. Applications which total more than 30 sheets will be scanned onto a disc and are a minimum charge of £30 and a maximum charge of £50 (including radiology)
Radiology images - £10
Please return your application form to The Access Office (see address below). If you require radiology (x-rays/scans) please ensure you enclose a cheque for £10 made payable to Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust along with your form. Please note any applications received without payment will not be processed. If you have any enquiries relating to your application for radiology please call 0300 422 5693.
The software used to produce images on CD's currently only supports the use of WIndows 8, or earlier.
Please note that if you are applying for copy records under the “Access to Health Records Act 1990” there is no maximum charge.
The Trust has up to 40 days to process your application, but we aim to fulfil all requests as quickly as possible.
For advice on how to do this please contact: