Jobs & Careers
There are more than 300 different NHS careers, from radiographers and doctors to specialist nurses, caterers and accountants. We couldn't provide care without them.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, many of which involve working directly with our patients. There are also many other roles, all of which support our vision to provide the Best Care for Everyone.
Whether you would like to work in a caring role, or your skills are in another specialism such as maintenance, finance, administration or even food production, we have a role for you at our hospitals.
All our vacancies are advertised on the NHS Jobs website.
On the website you will find details of our current opportunities along with job descriptions and person specifications for each job, plus details of the closing date.
How to apply
- Apply online via NHS Jobs - Tell us how you meet the requirements for this post particularly in the Supporting Information. Give us details of your referees preferably with their email address. Make sure you have asked them first. Some jobs are very popular so get your application as soon as possible.
- Shortlisting - this is based on your qualifications, training, employment history and supporting information. No personal information is available to those who are shortlisting.
- Interview - if you are shortlisted for interview, you will be sent an email giving all the details. Please respond to say whether or not you are coming
- Conditional offer - if you are successful at interview, we will make you a conditional offer. You will need to successfully complete our pre-employment checks:
- Documentary evidence of your identity
- Your right to work in this country
- References and employment history
- Criminal records check
- Occupational health check
- Registration check (where applicable)
We recommend that you don’t resign from your current job until these checks are complete and we have sent you a formal offer. We will invite you to come in a see us to complete these checks and we will take a photo for your ID badge.
5. Confirmed offer - Once we have confirmed your offer of employment, we will send you various forms to be completed, including a form for a parking permit, an IT account and your bank details. Details of your induction will be sent to you.
Follow us on Twitter
Keep up with the latest recruitment news by following us @GHNHSFTCareers
Temporary and flexible working
We have a 'bank' of temporary staff which works in the same way as a temporary employment agency. The bank offers additional and flexible working to existing employees and people who want to work on a temporary/casual basis. Bank employees include nurses and midwives, administrative and clerical roles such as ward clerks, secretaries and outpatient clerks, and ancillary staff, such as porters, cleaners and catering staff.
All of our Bank Staff vacancies are advertised on www.jobs.nhs.uk
Apprenticeships provide routes into a variety of careers in the NHS and are an excellent opportunity to earn, gain work experience and achieve nationally recognised qualifications at the same time. We offer apprenticeships in many areas such as:
- Administration and human resources
- Electrical and engineering
- Financial services
- Hospitality and catering
- Communications and marketing
- Public services
Find out more here about apprenticeships at our hospitals.