Students at School, College or Academy
Due to capacity within all departments placements are limited and Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust prioritises local students.
- To avoid disappointment please look for alternative arrangements if you are not attending a Gloucestershire County Council School
All placements have to conform to strict Health and Safety guidance and Trust Policy.
- Students must be in YEAR 11 and above
- Students must not directly contact relatives, friends or employees at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust requesting placements or send generic letters to wards / departments or individuals at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Placements are co-ordinated by the Lifelong Learning Department
Capacity is limited and work experience (including work shadowing and work-related activities) is allocated fairly to students across the county regardless of academic achievement or school.
- Students interested in healthcare careers (including Medicine) should discuss this with the school careers / work experience adviser or Head of Year
- The Lifelong Learning Department will liaise with school careers / work experience advisers or Head of Year regarding capacity and allocation depending on Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust resources
Failure to comply with work experience guidance will jeopardise work experience placements for all young people.
Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0300 422 5176
Students with queries related to work experience are expected to make telephone and / or email enquiries themselves; rather than friends, parents and grandparents enquiring on their behalf.
Specialty specific information
NEW INFORMATION about WORK EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITIES IN PATHOLOGY
NEW INFORMATION about NHS Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacist Training
Clinical Trials and Research
PLEASE NOTE: In the interests of the parents and babies there are no work experience placements in Special Care Baby Unit (Neonatal Intensive Care). In the interests of the therapeutic relationship there are no work experience placements in Health Psychology.
Page last updated: 24/07/2014